Colorado's Finest High School of Choice is part of the Englewood School District, located south in the Denver Metro area. We are a school of choice with around 70% of our students coming from surrounding districts. We enroll new students throughout the school year at the beginning of most of our 6 sessions and consistently average about 300 students.
The vision, mission, and motto are outlined as follows:
- Vision: Colorado’s Finest High School of Choice aspires to live up to our name by providing the finest education, inspiring students seeking a fresh start.
- Mission: Colorado’s Finest High School of Choice provides diverse educational opportunities for students to earn a quality high school diploma in an accepting and supportive community.
- Motto: Choose your finest future!
If you are interested in attending Finest, please complete the interest form on the Attend Colorado's Finest page of this website.
Three Golden Rules:
These rules are the foundation of the school:
- Students must complete 90% of possible points in all classes each six-week session.
- No anti-social behavior (fighting, intimidation, threatening, verbal abuse, bullying, etc. are all unacceptable)
- No drug or alcohol use on campus or at school activities (students may not be under the influence or in possession).
- Following these three simple rules is the key to success at Colorado's Finest.
In order to earn a diploma from Colorado's Finest High School of Choice, all students must complete twenty-three credits, graduation proficiencies, and completion of CDE graduation guidelines in Reading and Mathematics.
Students can start as early as 7:55 am or as late as 9:45 am and get out as soon as 2:10pm or as late as 4:00pm with a 30-minute lunch and a 20-minute family/homeroom daily.
Colorado's Finest is incorporating clubs plus expanded STEM and Audio Production offerings as a result of receiving a "21st Century Community Learning Centers" grant. All students are required to be enrolled in six courses each session (6 classes plus Family).
In order to remain in good standing, our students must maintain 90% attendance in all classes. If you receive an automated absence call, it reflects an absence recorded in Infinite Campus, as the system only initiates calls for recorded absences in one or more classes. We do not make absence calls home for students arriving tardy to class. If you believe your student's attendance has been recorded incorrectly, please feel free to call our office or your student's family teacher for details about the absence. To gain access to your student's attendance in Infinite Campus, please contact the office or your family teacher for instructions on how to do so.